At NFIB, we know how important it is to embrace the latest technology in order to provide the best service to our clients.
Our use of software portals and social media, and our implementation of a paperless office has certainly made it much easier for our clients to get the insurance products and services they need – or so many of them are saying!
Here are just a few ways in which NFIB is harnessing the power of technology in providing franchise insurance.
1. Online portal for managed programs
Insurance for a franchise is negotiated with the franchisor and then recommended to franchisees. Features of the platform include:
- A dedicated, customised portal for each franchised business – accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Franchisees can get the insurance cover they need by simply completing an online form that has already been populated with information about the franchise, using only a few clicks.
- Claims can be lodged online, quickly and easily.
- Franchisors receive automatic notification of their franchisees’ insurance activities – such as payments and claims.
- Franchisors can go online to manage their business’s unique risk level.
2. Snap ‘n’ Send
This is NFIB’s easy way for franchised business owners to get a competitive insurance quote within 24 hours – by taking photos of their existing policies with a phone camera, and sending the photos through to MyNFIB by email.
3. My Franchise Times
Educational website where franchisors and franchisees can become informed about business insurance and risk management. The site’s content is regularly updated with interesting news, tips and articles.
4. Social media sharing keeps our clients up-to-date
On our Facebook and Twitter pages, we regularly share content from our website and other sources that we consider to be relevant to the needs of our clients. Examples include articles on risk management, taxation, small business tips, business and franchise events, franchising statistics, franchising in the news and others. Social media also provides a good way for us to interact with potential and existing clients and to obtain feedback.
5. The ‘paperless’ office
Moving to a paperless office has been good news for both our business and our clients.
Some of the advantages include:
- Less space required for physical files and filing cabinets.
- Reduced printing costs such as for paper, toner and electricity.
- More environmentally friendly due to reduced use of energy and landfill for excess paper.
- Assurance of access to files and documents – even after a catastrophe such as a fire.
- Ability to share information with clients, quickly and easily through cloud-based technology.
Of course going ‘paperless’ involves having access to up-to-date technology in terms of advanced hardware and software systems!
So what does our use of technology mean for our clients?
There are a number of key benefits to the platforms and processes we have implemented.
- Simplification and streamlining of the whole process of obtaining insurance for a franchised business.
- With everything being online and accessible all the time, there is no need to comb through copious documentation and paperwork to find the information you need about your policy.
- Franchisors can rest assured that their franchisees have the requisite insurance cover that meets compliance requirements.
- Franchisors can easily monitor all insurance activities relating to their business.
- No need for franchisees to spend time, money and energy sourcing the insurance cover they need for their businesses, as the groundwork has already been done and is all available online.
- Uniform cover throughout the franchise – such as the same insurance cover for each outlet, and common due dates.
- Reduced costs through group cover as compared to separate, individual insurance policies.
- Clients can go online to lodge claims rather than having to fill in complex forms and then email or snail-mail them back to us.
- One-stop-shop for all franchise insurance needs.
- Assurance of security and privacy of each franchise’s data and information.
- Since NFIB holds all the information, there is no need for franchises to maintain their own physical or computer-based filing system for insurance cover.
- Quick and easy ways are provided for franchisors and franchisees to become educated and informed on insurance and risk management topics.
- More time is available to spend on running a business – good for both franchisors and their franchisees!
It’s pretty clear that we at NFIB love embracing technology. We consider that anything that can make it all easier, quicker, cheaper and less stressful for our clients has to be a good thing!